lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

Rocko’s modern life: The best cartoon ever.

My favourite cartoon is Rocko’s modern life. I really love this cartoon, because it was very different from the others. I remember that a few years ago, Nickelodeon channel showed very funny cartoons like, Real Monsters, Doug, Hey Arnold, and Cat Dog. When I was ten, I used to watch them all day long. Sometimes I watched it with my mother and my stepfather, because they liked it too.

I liked Rocko, because it wasn’t only for children. It was about a walabee – some kind of kangaroo- who worked in a comic store. He lived in his house with his silly dog called Spunky, and his best friends where a yellow cow adopted by a wolf family called Heffer, and the lonely nerd turtle, Filburt.

I remember a chapter when Filburt married with his dentist cat girlfriend and they had children. Some of the babies looked like Filburt, others like their mom. But one of them was a yellow cow. I couldn’t stop laughing.

The best thing about Rocko was that it showed the problems of many people in these days. Rocko was an inmigrant from Australia, and sometimes he had problems with his stay in the USA. He had a very mean boss who was very bad with him, and his neighbours, the Big Heads, where very similar to those typical neighbours than everyone hates. Ed Big Head was always trying to make imposible Rocko’s life, and his wife use to harass her shy neighbour.

Now, cartoons are not made for children and grownups. At this time, most of cartoons are about teen superheros, they are very noisy and full of action, and their sense of humour is too basic.

Finally, I have to thank to Rocko’s creators for showed children how their lives where going to be.

1 comentario: