domingo, 4 de julio de 2010

Writing blogs is like a therapy

This year I started to write a blog for the English class. At first, I didn’t want to, because writing against time had always been a little bit stressful for me considering that I’m going to be a journalist. However, when I began to publish my blog entries I felt that I was doing something very useful for my education and for my personal development.

I believe that writing blogs in a different language is a good strategy to learn, because while you are redacting a text you must think in that language, or at least, you must find out how to do it when you have more experience writing. When you write something in a blog, you want to communicate your ideas so in order to achieve the communication you have to learn vocabulary and grammar to express the ideas correctly. Besides, it makes you smarter. The reason of this is that when you speak another language you enter to a world different from yours, because languages create or define realities, that’s why learning another language opens minds.

Also, it has many advantages. One of them is that doing this activity you learn how to publish different contents in this platform, like text and pictures, which can be very useful in the future for someone who studies communication. Another benefit is that if you have to create information for academical reasons, and you must do it every week, this trains you to be constant in a process of knowledge. The most important, is that as you must write in class, the teacher is next to you for you to ask her your doubts.

Writing blogs helps to know you better. Many times my classmates and I had to write about ourselves, our experiences and expectations, the things that we like, and one time we had to write about someone whom we admired, etc. Sometimes, this activity was like a personal diary, like when we had to write about our future, other times it worked like a public place when we could express ourselves. Also, it helped to put in order memories, reflections, thoughts, and feelings too.

I enjoyed writing my blog in this class. It was very constructive, because I learnt a lot. Besides, I could get to know my classmates better by reading what they published, having the opportunity to see many different points of view. However, one of the things that I liked the most was perceived how my English got better with the time.

For journalism students like me, it is very productive to write periodically, because it allows you to think, rank, and redact the information quickly. In the future, I would like to keep writing a blog to share my opinions with other people and not to lose practice, until one day reach one of my goals, speak in English very well.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario