jueves, 27 de mayo de 2010

Crime

A few years ago, I was on Ahumada street walking to the subway. When I came down to the station a lady told me that a black jacket man had took something from my backpack. I turned back fast and I saw him. I took his shoulder and yelled at him and said "give me back my wallet and my lunch tickets!!!". He told me, in a very calm way, that he didn't took anything, that he was working and that he did have money. He let me check his pockets and I didn't found anything. He showed me his own wallet and it was full of money.

I knew he had stole my stuff, but I couldn't do anything about it, because thiefs who steal in places with a lot of people usually pass what they stole to their partners.

It's hard to say what is the reason of the incresing criminality. I don't know any stadistic that could assert that. Maby people thinks that because the media is always showing crimes in the news because most of people watchs it -or likes to watch it-.

If the criminality had increase or not, there is crime anyway and many citizens are afraid. In my opinion, I think that crime and violence are a product of poverty and exclusion. That's why the goverment should guarantee a top quality education to the entire society, and provide rehabilitation for those who had commit a crime.

Another kind of crime are murders and sexual crimes. Those are very
serious and have irreversible consequences. In spite of that, I don't think that capital punishment is a good mesure. Is true that it evites that the person who broke the law do it again, but at the same time if justice declares guilty an inocent person it becomes a disaster.

Capital punishment would reduce the violent crimes. In fact psychopaths can't be rehabilitate. I personally belive that any human been should kill another in any circunstance. Besides, why kill another person who did horrible things to other people if you can tourture him with his own thoughts by locking him for ever?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario