jueves, 20 de mayo de 2010

September 18th, my favourite festivity

My favourite festivity is the chilean independence celebration. It commemorates the first goverment meeting on september 18th on 1810. On this day, people eat chilean food and play traditional games such as fly kites, rayuela, and cacho.

This festivity is on the same date that my sister's birthday, so besides eating barbecue me and my family eat cake. On this hollyday, we usually invite some uncles and cousins to celebrate.

I like september 18th more than other festivities like new year, or christmas because I eat my favourite dishes. These are empanadas, choripanes and anticuchos. all made with meat. And don't forget the drinks like chicha or terremoto. This drink is made out of pineapple ice cream, a chilean wine called pipeño, and granadina.

Last year my boyfriend and I went to the O'Higgins Park fonda. A fonda is a place where people dance cueca, eat and drink a lot. We had so much fun watching all these drunk people laying on the floor, dancing and laughing that we want to come back this year.

The only thing that I have never done during this festivity is celebrate more than one day. I can't wait for that weekend.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario